Monday, July 14, 2008

Housekeeping

As life gets more hectic (as if it was ever any less hectic), I've been neglecting the blog a bit. But a gift from a friend has prompted me to finally get back here and take care of a few things. Those of you who know me know that for the next couple of months, I'll be in the bunny hole getting ready for the writing workshop I've been accepted to in September, but I don't want anyone to think that I'm ignoring recent mentions, gifts, awards, etc. So, in no particular order:

Thank you so much to Carolyn of Magpie Pixie for the fabulous new banner! Isn't it cute? She noticed that our blog was a bit bare along the top and made us this homey, "sew-ey" banner. It makes us look like a new penny!

We've been featured by a wonderful friend, Sandee of Sew Much Detail! If you haven't checked out her page or Etsy shop, do so right away. I LOVE her fobs and use mine religiously!

We've also been given the award below by two of our blogger friends: Lynn from The Rose Cottage and Debbi from All in My Cottage.



The rules for receiving this award are:
1) Put the logo on your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on yours.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

However, I don't think we can come up with 14 (so many of our regular reads have already been nominated)! We'll stick with the original 7, but I think I only have 6 here!

Kat from Kat's Imagination Kat is just great at organizing swaps over on ECS!
Gail from Shabby Cottage Studio Gail is an amazing artist and a great inspiration!
Twig from Opheeelia Says Well, this woman just cracks me up!
Ally from IHeartThat!Dance Ally is one of the first friends I made through ECS. She's a bit AWOL right now because of a move, but she'll be back online soon!
Jaime from Always Inspired Jaime was one of my first Etsy friends--our love of Marie Antoinette linked us together!
Carolyn from Magpie Pixie Carolyn and I bonded over a love that will never die: a shared affection for Duran Duran! :)

Because I'll be putting my head down here soon, I probably won't be blogging very much for the next couple of months. But please don't think I've abandoned you! I'll still read everyone's blog pretty regularly. I just won't have any crafts or thrift-store finds to share :(
And I'm sure the last thing many of you want to hear about is my day job, the books I'm currently reading, and the weird story ideas racing through my head!

Thank you again to all of our blogland friends!
Tiffani

5 comments:

Stink Bone Jones said...

Thanks so much! I left you some comments recently about your wonderful bread. Just wanted to make sure you saw them.

I will get started on linking that award and finding 7 others. Thanks so much!

Sherry said...

The banner is like a bright shiny new penny!!!

And we know you won't forget us while you are getting ready to head to M.V. -- that's your focus for now absolutely!!

Carolyn said...

hey my friend !

Thankyou so much for yet another award ! I feel honoured Tiff ! And for thinking of me ...

Guess i can have John back now you have your head in some books ! :o) Good luck with it all !

muah !

xx

Nancy said...

I love your new banner! Hope to join in the Tuesday swap.

Gail Schmidt said...

TIffani, thanks for the award and your sweet words! I guess I"ve been in the bunny hole myself lately, last I knew you had applied for the workshop and now I see you got accepted. Congratulations and how wonderful! A long time ago in another life I wanted to be a writer. Best of luck honey and have fun learning and writing!

hugs
gail