Sunday, February 3, 2008

Favorite Fabrics...

I have loads and LOADS of fabrics. I am a Fabric Junky, and so is my sister. Most of my purchases today have justification, as I make things out of them for etsy, or gifts, but every once in a while I come across something that I cannot part with. I had originally planned on using this black and white polka dot with the pink and magenta flowered vintage table cloth to make an apron to sale on etsy, but I just can't do it!




I also have favorite fabrics whose fate I have not yet decided. My sister gave me a big chunk of this gorgeous striped silk with embroidered flowers (Sweet peas? Poppies?). It may eventually be a purse...








I go gaga over anything with a Japanese aesthetic; I bought this stretchy faux silk last year, and still haven't made anything out of it yet. It will probably become a summer top. (sorry so dark!)


Sister also got me this fabric, many many moons ago...it is sheer black with black sequins in horizontal bands along elasticized gathers. I absolutely heart it, and have made the underskirt in a pale pink, I just need to finish it! She also found a remnant of it much later, so that I can make a matching top!! Such a shopper!


Last is my favorite drawer at my craft table--not fabrics, but certainly necessary to RicRacSally!! Hope you share your faves with us!!


No comments: