Saturday, January 26, 2008

Boxing Talent

So one of the first things I made to put into our Etsy shop was a shadowbox. I love to collect bits & pieces of the past, and I have quite a pile by now. Gloves, old photographs, bits of lace, doilies, baby items, and sewing ephemera. I especially love old pattern envelopes of blouses and dresses that I'll never have enough sewing talent to make in my life! But, coming from a long line of women who sew--and I mean SEW!--I can't help but think of them when I put together a pattern envelope, old tape measure, and vintage buttons.

So far, I've made two sewing collages: Maureen and Louisa. And earlier this week, Louisa found a home. And that made me very happy!
I have one more of this type of shadowbox planned--with a Parisian "theme"...and it should be in the shop very soon :)
Tiffani

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh, that is so cool!!! And I can't wait to see the french one! I love Paris, and maybe one day I'll actually get to go. This is so great!!

LazyTcrochet said...

I love the look of this! Very nice.

Becki said...

WOW thats really neat!

Justin Miller said...

This is very chic!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

This is so pretty!
Barbara